Sunday, March 28, 2010

Thing 22.1

I also found StoryJumper. Wow, what a great site! It's for creating children's books. You can create and post a book for free. If you want to have it printed it costs. Starting at $24.95 a book. The free aspects of the site are great. There is also a link for teachers to create accounts for student use. The students can access it at school, or you can click to let them have home access, too. I can definitely see using this site both at home with my kids and in the ASLC with the kids there. I am really glad I took the time to explore Go2Web20!

2 comments:

  1. I like StoryJumper. It's a new one for me. I think it was wise of the company to make the online version of the book free and then charge for the printout. (This could be an option for parents if students made the books in school.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent two sites (not as a great as StoryJumper) to a colleague...

    BigUniverse (http://www.biguniverse.com)This site has curriculum and tools for learning, assessment, reading and writing development, using a vast library of online books. The site has a three-pronged approach: reading, creating and sharing online children's books

    Another Early Reader Treasure Trove (http://www.ncs-tech.org/?p=1308)

    ReplyDelete