Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thing 6

Wow! I had never even heard of Ning before and I love it! It's wonderful to find networks of people with the same interests. It's reminds me a lot of MeetUp.com except instead of finding people locally, it's world wide. If you were blogging about a very specific topic and wanted others that were also interested in that topic to be able to find your blog, blog it in a Ning. For example, if I wanted to blog about my new violin, and have other people also interested in violin give me pointers, I might blog within the Violin Society Ning.

Creating a Ning for students to use would be great. The students would be able to converse about their lessons, projects, thoughts on something that happened in class, or even help each other out with homework through the network. Of course, it could be overwhelming for the teacher, feeling that he/she must keep up with everything that was posted on the Ning, but I think there is definitely some potential there.

I know I am going to join a few Nings and pass a few on for others to join, too!

1 comment:

  1. Though Nings have been around for a few years, I am just now see a big interest in using them. I have read many of the ASH bloggers thoughts on Nings and almost unanimously people see great potential in them.

    ReplyDelete