Monday, February 8, 2010

Thing 9


IMG_9236
Originally uploaded by Robin LaRoy
Although, I have no recollection of doing so, I apparently at one point uploaded a few pictures of my son as a baby to Flickr back in October 2006. I started by properly tagging the pictures I had on there. Moving on from there, I checked out the upload options. I love my iPhoto and was hoping to get a plugin that I could use to upload directly from iPhoto. Unfortunately, the only one available was created my a Flickr user and is not free. However, I decided to try out the free jUploadr program, also created by a Flickr user. I like the ability to do batch editing, and I can drag photos from my iPhoto to the jUploadr to edit and upload easily. I like the idea of keeping photos safe. We currently backup our photos on an external hard drive, but that is still in the house, so in case of fire... well, hopefully we have time to grab the hard drive. And that takes a lot more than uploading to Flickr.

I think I probably will use Flickr more regularly. I often share photos on Snapfish, just because it easily allows my family, whom are not so tech savvy to view and develop the photos in a program they recognize. And then I use mpix and shutterfly to make books and photos for myself.

I like how easy it is to go from Flickr to blogger. I have a family blog that i regularly post to and if I am already uploading to Flickr, blogging it is just step a step away.

3 comments:

  1. I love Shutterfly but Flickr does have a lot to offer. I am going to try to use Flickr more myself. I forgot all about this photo album I had: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinotvandenheede/sets/72157607130064099/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of Shutterly, but not Mpix...I am going to check this site out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mpix is a higher end developing site. A lot of photographers use it. It's a great place to get those really special photos developed a little higher quality than Shutterfly or Snapfish.

    ReplyDelete